Hipaa Dental Laboratory Former Classmate Takes Unlisted Phone Number From Dental Patient File. Is This A HIPAA Violation?

Former classmate takes unlisted phone number from dental patient file. Is this a HIPAA violation? - hipaa dental laboratory

Some time ago, a former high school teammate, who is also in the office by my dentist as a dental hygienist and not a close friend called me to leave home, compared to a future meeting of the class and a message. The problem is that the phone number was an unknown number changed 6 years ago. The only way to do this person could be in my dental records, she had seen no case because I consider not in direct care, too. I asked if he had received a postcard about the reunion of the class via e-mail because my e-mail has changed since the last time. He made me wonder what other information has been disclosed. My question is: Should I report this to his boss, the American Dental AssociationNo to leave things as they are? Moreover, there are provisions of the statute of limitations for violations of HIPAA cancel?

0 comments:

Post a Comment